This topic will walk you through the actions the signature coordinator can take on a workflow and how to configure the coordinator in Workflow Designer.
Signature Coordinator Responsibilities
In each workflow configuration, there is an option to set up a signature coordinator to manage the signing process. Signature coordinators manage signature collection for your workflows. The signature coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- choosing when to send the signature packet to the signers via eSignature,
- confirming any fully or partially signed packets uploaded by other users,
- managing and editing who signs and in what order, and
- placing signature tags on the document before it is sent out for signature, when necessary.
Configure the Signature Coordinator to Send Signature Packets
To set up the signature coordinator, follow these steps:
- Click on the Workflow Designer tab and select the workflow configuration you want to modify.
- Click the Sign tab, then select Settings.
- Update the person or persons assigned to the coordinator role and the conditions upon which they would be assigned. To learn more, refer to Configure Signature Coordinators.
- Beneath eSignature request trigger, select Sent by Signature Coordinator.
- If you do not want the signature coordinator to manage the signature packet, instead select Automatically sent after last approval and ensure that your final approver confirms the contract is ready to send for signature upon their approval.
Signature Coordinator Experience
If you configured the workflow so that the signature coordinator sends out the signature packet, the signature coordinator will receive an email notification from Ironclad indicating it is time to collect signatures.
In Ironclad, the signature coordinator can take action to determine when the packet can be sent for signature, update or reassign a signer, add or remove a signer, or place signature tags.
While the packet is out for signature, the signature coordinator can check in on status, send a reminder to a signer, and track updates in the Activity Feed in Ironclad.
If a signer declines to sign a signature packet, the signature coordinator will also be notified that they need to resolve the issue of the voided contract in Ironclad so that they can send a new signature packet.
If the contract has been selected to auto-revert to Review if the packet is declined, then the approver assigned to the workflow will be notified instead.