This topic will walk you through the signature coordinator role. This includes how to update the signature coordinator.
Signature coordinators manage signature collection for your workflows. The signature coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Choosing when to send the signature packet to the signers via eSignature.
- Confirming any fully or partially signed packets uploaded by other users.
- Managing and editing who signs and in what order.
- When necessary, placing signature tags on the document before it is sent out for signature.
You can configure the signature coordinator to a group so that the role can be reassigned to someone else in the group when necessary. By default, the signature coordinator is the owner of the workflow.
- Click on the Workflow Designer tab and select the workflow configuration you want to modify. Click the Sign tab.
- Click Settings, and then locate the Signature Coordinator field.
- Select a role, group, or user. We suggest selecting a group so that the signature coordinator can be reassigned to another user in the group, if needed.
- If you selected a group, you can configure that the role can be reassigned to someone else in the group when necessary. Click the Assign a default signature coordinator drop-down.
- To assign the signature coordinator role to the default user in your group, click Default user in —.
- To create a question on your launch form to select a user, click List of users in form question. A question is automatically added to the launch form. This question cannot be edited.
- Once the workflow reaches the sign step, the signature coordinator role is assigned and the user is notified that they are responsible for collecting signatures.