- Understanding Group Permissions
- Configuring Group Permissions
- Per-Record Permissions (NEW)
- Record Type Permissions (NEW)
Understanding Group Permissions
Groups of users can be granted view and edit access to different contract records. A user will have edit or view access to a record if they are a member of any group with edit or view access. You can see which groups have access at the bottom of the Preview Panel.
Configuring Group Permissions
There are two ways to configure group permissions:
- Per-Record Permissions. Groups can be granted access to certain records. For example, there may be a set of NDAs that the Sales Team should have access to, and a separate set of NDAs that the Partnerships Team should have access to.
- Record Type Permissions. Groups can be granted access to all records of a certain type. For example, you may grant view-only access for Offer Letters to your People Operations Team. Or, you may grant edit access for all types of contracts to the Legal Team.
The following sections cover configuring these types of permissions.
Per-Record Permissions (NEW)
Administrators can enable Per-Record Permissions for a group in Company Settings → Groups → Edit Group. In the Repository section, select “Choose access rights for specific Records and Record Types,” and choose whether users in this group should be able to upload new contracts.
The Bulk Access Editor allows you to grant group access to multiple contracts at once and is only accessible to Administrators. In the Repository, filter down to the set of contracts you want to change access for, and click the “Edit Access” button. From there, use the “Change Group Access” button to specify how you want to change access to these records. Once you have configured access, click the “Change Access in Bulk” button.
Some groups may have Record Type Permissions (the Administrators group, for example). This will be indicated by the “Change Group Access” button being disabled. To configure access for these groups, see Record Type Permissions below for more information.
Record Type Permissions (NEW)
Administrators can grant groups access to all records of a certain type in Group Settings. You can accomplish the same thing with Per-Record Permissions, but Record Type Permissions can be helpful for groups that should have fairly unrestricted access to contracts. For example, the Legal Team may be granted access to all contract types.
In most cases, Per-Record Permissions is recommended, since it allows more flexibility.
See Managing Permissions for more information.