- Getting Started
- How to Set Up
- Record Property Schema
At this point, you must have the following components (refer to Salesforce Integration - Getting Started article for more information):
- Ironclad's Managed Package installed in your Salesforce instance
- Custom Lookup Relationship field type on Salesforce object to Ironclad Workflow
Optional: The out-of-the-box Ironclad Contract configuration from the Managed Package only includes the Account and Contact object. If you wish to sync back to another standard or custom object, you will need to create a Lookup Relationship in the Ironclad Contract object (e.g. Opportunity or a custom Object). See below:
- Custom Lookup Relationship field type on Ironclad Contract to Salesforce object that you want to link metadata from completed Ironclad workflows to
- After creating a Lookup Relationship field type in Ironclad Contract to the relevant Salesforce object, you need to add the Ironclad Contract to the Salesforce object's page layout in order to view it.
- You'll need to find the Ironclad Contracts button under Related Lists. Here, you can click and drag to the Related Lists section. We recommend adding Ironclad Contracts to the front of the list so it'll be easier to locate in the interface.
Once these requirements are met, you can continue with setting up Record Sync.
Setting Up Record Sync
In Ironclad, you will need to create Salesforce ID question(s) in the Ironclad workflow for the Salesforce object that you want to link metadata to. This can be multiple IDs depending on which Salesforce object(s) you intend to push back to (e.g. Account ID, Opportunity ID).
For example, if you plan to push metadata back to the Account object in Salesforce, you must include a Salesforce Account ID question in the Ironclad workflow.
Once complete, navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Record Sync. Under Add Sync Configuration, the dropdown will reveal all of the currently deployed workflows that are available on your account. Select the workflow that you want to sync back to Salesforce.
Note: For each Record Type option set up on a Counterparty’s Paper (Inbound) workflow in Workflow Designer, a separate configuration will need to be created in order to have a record and property sync to Salesforce.
All records will sync by default to the Ironclad Contract object (this is where the signed document will be stored). However, you have the option to sync to the general Salesforce Contract object. You can configure additional Ironclad properties to be synced to related Salesforce Fields (i.e. a Contact or Account object)
In the example shown above, for every NDA that is stored in the Ironclad Repository, Ironclad will search for an existing Salesforce Account that has the same Account ID as the Ironclad record property Salesforce Account ID. If there is a match, the NDA will be stored in the Ironclad Contract object associated with the relevant Account. In addition, as configured in the example above, the Ironclad Record Properties Governing Law and Term Length will be pushed to their respective Salesforce fields.
Note: Salesforce Account ID appears as a selectable option because it is a record property in the NDA workflow and a value that is pulled from Salesforce via instructions found in Setting Up Workflow Launch from Salesforce.
Record Property Schema
Your Legal Engineer or Customer Success Manager will work with you to understand Ironclad’s Record Property schema (i.e. “Counterparty Name (string)”) and how to map it to your Salesforce schema. At a high-level, the following options are available:
Attach Record Documents:
- If checked, Ironclad will sync the signed PDF as an attachment to the Ironclad Contract object
Salesforce Object Type:
- Choose from top-level Salesforce objects that are linked to the Ironclad Contract object (likely to be Account and Contact)
- Choose how Ironclad will search for or create new/existing records in Salesforce
- Create a new Salesforce record
- Search for existing Salesforce record
- Search for existing, create if none exists
- Choose which Ironclad Record Properties will be pushed to which Salesforce fields (nested under the top-level Object), how they will be converted (if applicable), and which field will be the key for the search (e.g. match Ironclad Counterparty Name with Salesforce Account Name).
- Map to Ironclad Property (default option)
- Reference Additional Salesforce Object (use to link parent-child object types)
- Ironclad Record Title (link Ironclad's workflow title)
- Choose Constant Value (always push a default string)
- Ironclad Record Identifier
Converter: Manipulate Ironclad Record Properties to map to Salesforce fields (i.e. split a full name into first and last names)
Add Field: Add additional fields
Once you have completed this mapping process, click "Update." The Records Sync will be live at that time and will operate for all workflows started on your company Ironclad account from then onwards.
Ironclad Record Identifier
Salesforce Record Id sync a new drop-down option for mapping record id to salesforce. Sync Ironclad Record ID along with the entire Record Object so that in Salesforce you can see which Ironclad record it is from.
1. On SFDC, create a new text field
2. Set up the mapping on the company’s Ironclad’s record sync configure page
3. Once a record is synced, there should be a record id on SFDC