Disclaimer: changing your domain will prohibit access to Ironclad. Please contact Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance prior to migrating domains.
- Setting Up Okta in Ironclad
- Adding New Users in Okta
- Adding Existing Users in Okta
- Testing Okta Set Up
- Adding New Users to Ironclad
Setting Up Okta in Ironclad
- Log in to Okta as an Admin
- Make sure to remain in 'Classic UI'
- Click the Admin tab in the upper right corner
- Click Applications in the top bar
- Click the Add Application button
- Search for "Ironclad" and select it
- On the Ironclad application screen, click Add
- Enter an Application label and choose your desired Application Visibility
- Click Done
- Navigate to the Sign On tab
- Click View Setup Instructions
- Follow Okta's instructions to complete the configuration
That's it! Once the configuration is complete, you can click the Assignments Tab to start adding existing users to the application or invite new users (see below for further instructions).
Adding New Users in Okta
- Click the Directory tab at the top bar, then select People
- Click Add Person
- Enter user information (Important: be sure to check Send user activation email now) and click Save
- Select the user you just created and click Assign Applications
- Click Assign next to the application you created
- Click Save and Go Back, then click Done
- Retrieve the Okta invitation sent to the user and create an Okta account for this user
- From here, the user can click the application to Ironclad and will be logged in immediately!
- Alternatively, after the user creates their Okta account, you can send an SSO new user invitation from Ironclad by going to Company Settings > Admin tab (IMPORTANT: make sure the user does not already exist in the system! If they do, please delete them as a user first)
- The user can click the Sign In link from the Ironclad invitation and will be prompted to enter their Okta credentials
- From there, the user will be redirected to Ironclad and logged in immediately
Adding Existing Users in Okta
- With your application still open, click the Assignments tab
- Click the Assign dropdown > Assign to People
- Click the Assign button next to the user(s) you'd like to add, then Save and Go Back
- Click Done
Testing Okta Set Up
- Navigate to your Users tab
- Provision a user (test account or colleague) to access Ironclad.
- Note: this user cannot be listed in the Ironclad "Everyone" group.
- Select the application you created and click Save
- Have the newly provisioned user click the application in order to log into Ironclad.
- If the user is able to log in and see the Ironclad Dashboard, the Okta configuration was a success. Reach out to your LE or CSM POC or contact email@example.com to assist with migrating existing Ironclad users from Password Login to SSO Login.
- If the user encounters an error message, follow our troubleshooting guide here.
Adding New Users to Ironclad
We provide a First-Time Sign-In URL that can be found in two places:
- On the SAML configuration setup page
- In Company Settings > Users at the top of the page