As an example, we’ll create an advanced condition that we’ll use to determine who should approve the document before sending out for signature.
Produce Launchform Questions
- We’ll create 2 questions: “What team are you on?” and “Contract Value”.
- Now select “Add Condition” in the top right-hand corner of the Attributes side panel.
- Name the condition “CFO Should Approve”
- Select the contract value, change the comparison to “is greater than or equal to” and set the monetary amount to $10,000
- Click “Add Rule” then select “And…” for a condition that will be true when both rules are met, or “Or…” for a condition that is true if either rule is met.
- Fill out the second rule using the “What team are you on?” form field.
- Click "Save", navigate to the Review tab and set a conditional approval for the CFO, based on the condition we just created.
- Now, let’s add a secondary approver that should approve when the “CFO should approve” condition is not met. Click “Add Condition” again, and name this condition “Finance Team Member Should Approve”, and select the “CFO Should Approve” condition we just created.
- Now set the “IS” to “False”, and save.
- You can now set up the second approval using the “Finance Team Member Should Approve” condition.
Draft Generation Condition
Draft generation condition allows the user to check whether or not the draft document was generated from the draft template. A good use case for this would be a scenario where a Legal’s approval is needed only when the draft is not generated from the template (i.e., a draft uploaded by a Sales user). See below for instructions for this example:
- Start off by creating a condition named ‘Legal Approval Is Required’
Select Draft Document from the ‘field or condition’ dropdown.
- Create a condition named ‘Legal Approval Is Required’
- Select Draft Document from the ‘field or condition’ dropdown
- Select 'is not generated from template' from the list options
- Save the condition. Go to the Review tab and Add a Legal approver and set the condition to Legal Approval Is Required
- Initially, when the workflow runs, the draft is always generated from the template and because of this there will be no approvers for the review and therefore the workflow will skip the review stage, go directly to the sign stage, and send out the signature requests. To prevent this we can add an Owner/Requester approver to the list which will be assigned to the Owner of the workflow to approve in the Review stage.
- Click on the Add Approver button and select ‘Add owner/requester as approver’ from the options.
And you're done!