- Getting Started
- How to Set Up
- Options for Workflow Sync
- Setup Instructions for Linked Source
At this point, you must have the following components (refer to Salesforce Integration - Getting Started article for more information):
- Ironclad's Managed Package installed in your Salesforce instance
- Custom Lookup Relationship field type on Salesforce object to Ironclad Workflow
Note: You will need to create the Lookup Relationship field in order to leverage the Linked Source below.
Once these requirements are met, you can continue with setting up Workflow Sync.
Setting Up Workflow Sync
- Navigate to Ironclad and check the box to Enable Sync to the Ironclad Workflow Object
- Select Edit Workflow Sync Settings
From here there are two options of the workflow sync:
- Documents - This will sync your draft and signed documents back to the Ironclad Workflow object in Salesforce. Click the checkboxes next to these to enable.
- Linked Source - Here you can set up which Salesforce Object you’d like to link your Ironclad Workflow to.
Setup Instructions for Linked Source
- Under Workflow Sync, click Edit Workflow Sync Settings
- Then under Linked Source, click Add Linked Source
- From here, select the Salesforce Object you’d like to link this Workflow to in the drop-down
- Then select the custom lookup field in the drop-down for the linked field
- First, you must create a custom Lookup Relationship type field in Salesforce on the object you’d like to link from in Salesforce.
- Second, you will connect the Linked Source in the Workflow Sync section of the Salesforce Integration in Ironclad.
- Now there will be a link directly to the source Salesforce Record from the workflow in Ironclad AND a link will be populated in your Ironclad Workflow custom field in Salesforce.
- Users can update the workflow if the information has changed in Salesforce by using the Refresh from Source button.
Found on your workflow on the lower right-hand side and in the Activity Feed
Note: In order to use Refresh from Source, the workflow must be generated from Salesforce using Workflow Launch.
Note: If the sync fails, a "Correct Information" button will appear in the activity feed which will prompt the user to finish correcting the information in Ironclad.
Found on your Linked Source Salesforce Record
Note: If you are connecting to a Salesforce Sandbox account, you will be directed to the sandbox managed package.
Support: Ironclad Workflow not appearing in Linked Source?
If you cannot select Ironclad Workflow to link to your Salesforce object in Linked Source,
- Make sure that you've installed Ironclad's Managed Package in your Salesforce instance
- The linked account for your Salesforce integration has access (read/write permissions) to objects from Ironclad's Managed Package
- Check that you have a custom Lookup Relationship field type created in the Salesforce object(s) to Ironclad Workflow.
For example, if you are planning to add a link to your Ironclad workflows in the Account object, create a custom Lookup Relationship field type in the Account object
If the problem still persists, please contact us at email@example.com.