- How to Set Up
- Pull From Salesforce Button
- Custom Buttons/Links in Salesforce
Setting Up Workflow Launch
As an Ironclad Account Administrator, you can allow your users to automatically pull data from Salesforce when launching workflows by either:
- Using the “Pull from Salesforce” button on the workflow launch form in Ironclad, or
- With custom buttons/links to an Ironclad workflow in Salesforce.
To set this up, navigate to Company Settings → Integrations → Configure Salesforce → click the Workflow Launch tab. Here, you can specify what data Ironclad should pull from Salesforce.
- To configure the Workflow Launch mapping, select the Salesforce object where you'd like to pull data into your Ironclad workflow. Example: For an NDA, this is likely to be an Account object
Note: In our example below, we've selected the Contact object
- After selecting a Salesforce object, you can start adding Ironclad Record Properties on the left-hand side and map them to Salesforce fields on the right-hand side
Note: Make sure that the Workflow Attributes identically match with one another. For example, a string field in Ironclad must match back to a string field in Salesforce.
- You can also select additional linked Salesforce objects. In the screenshot below, you can see that the linked Account object is being selected to pre-populate Ironclad's Counterparty Name with an Account Name.
- These additional objects must have a lookup relationship to the main object that is linked.
Note: For any questions about matching the Ironclad Workflow Attributes schema to your Salesforce fields, please reach out to Legal Engineer or Customer Success manager.
- Click Save when you have completed the mapping configuration
- Ironclad will generate a unique link and you can now create a new button in Salesforce. Use the unique link to connect Salesforce to Ironclad
- In addition, you will now see a "Pull from Salesforce" button on the workflow launch form in Ironclad
Pull from Salesforce Button
- Once you have configured how a workflow can be launched with Salesforce data, your users will see a “Pull from Salesforce” button on the workflow launch form.
Note: Users will be prompted to link their Salesforce account before they can use this feature.
- Clicking this button will allow users to search objects in Salesforce and automatically fill in the workflow form with values from the Salesforce object they select, based on the configuration you created.
Custom Buttons/Links in Salesforce
Salesforce Administrators can add a custom button to Salesforce pages to automatically launch an Ironclad workflow from a Salesforce page.
On the Workflow Launch configuration page (Company Settings > Integrations > Configure Salesforce > click the Workflow Launch tab), each configured workflow will have a Salesforce Custom Button or Link URL link that you can use to add a launch button in Salesforce.
Create a Custom Button in Classic
- To add a launch workflow button or link in Salesforce Classic, go to Setup and find the Buttons, Links, and Actions page for the appropriate Salesforce Object Type. For example, if you are configuring a button on the Account page, you would go to Build > Customize > Accounts > Buttons, Links, and Actions.
- Then, select New Button or Link.
- Enter a label such as “Start NDA in Ironclad” and use the following suggested values:
- Display Type: Detail Page Button
- Behavior: Display in new window
- Content Source: URL
- Select Field Type: (Use the Salesforce Object Type for the configuration.)
- In the large text area, copy and paste in the “Salesforce Custom Button or Link URL” from the Ironclad Workflow Launch page (see the first screenshot in this section).
Adding the custom button/link to the Salesforce object page layout in Classic
- After saving your custom button/link, navigate to the Salesforce Object Type's Page Layouts. (Following our example, if you add the button/link to the Account page, you would search for Page Layout for Accounts which is under Build > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts). Then select the Edit link next to the layout you wish to add the button to.
- Now you can find the button/link you just created. In the example, we created a custom button, therefore our button can be found under Buttons. From there, you can drag it onto the below interface and place it. Remember to press the Save button in the top left corner in order for this new layout with the custom button is retained.
Locating the custom button/link in Salesforce object in Classic
- Now when viewing a Salesforce object of type Account your users will find a custom button linked to creating a workflow in Ironclad that auto-fills the form with data from a Salesforce object.
When creating custom buttons or links, Salesforce Lightning has a slightly different set up than Salesforce Classic.
Create a Custom Button in Lightning
- Follow steps #1-3 from the Salesforce Classic set up above. You'll need to navigate to Setup > Object Manager and then select which Salesforce object you'd like to add the custom button/link to.
Note: The Salesforce object you add the custom button to must be the same Salesforce object type as the one you use to create the workflow launch configuration in Ironclad.
Adding the custom button/link to the Salesforce object page layout in Lightning
- After creating your custom button/link, you need to add it to a Salesforce Object's page layout in order to start using. In the Salesforce object you've created the custom button/link, navigate to Page Layouts. Here you'll see a familiar interface.
If you created a custom link, the location for adding your custom link is the same place in Salesforce Classic.
If you created a custom button, you'll need to find your custom button under Mobile and Lightning Actions. Here you can click and drag to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions box, then Save. We recommend adding the button to the front of the list so it'll be easier to find in the interface.
Locating the custom button/link in Salesforce object in Lightning
- Custom buttons - After adding your custom button to the page layout of a Salesforce object, you'll now be able to find it on the right side of the header list of buttons.
- Clicking the button will open a new window redirected to an Ironclad workflow launch form, populated with values from the Salesforce object.
- Custom links - After adding your custom link to the page layout of a Salesforce object, you'll now be able to find under the details tab. You'll need to scroll down towards the bottom of the page to find the link.
Support: Launch Workflow from Salesforce not working?
If data is not populating from Salesforce on the workflow launch page, please check the following points:
- Review the workflow launch configuration located under Company Settings > Integrations > Configure Salesforce. If there were any changes made to the workflow attributes, you may need to reconfigure the mappings between workflow attributes and Salesforce fields.
- If the custom button/link in Salesforce navigates to a workflow launch page but no data is populated, double-check the URL attached to the workflow is the correct URL listed in the workflow launch configuration with the same Salesforce object type.
If the problem still persists, please contact us at email@example.com.