Ironclad's Salesforce Integration consists of three sub-features:
- Workflow Launch creates contracts in Ironclad by pre-filling Ironclad launch forms with data pulled from Salesforce. It also enables your team to put a button in Salesforce to redirect your users to Ironclad with the launch form pre-filled.
- Workflow Sync gives you the ability to pull and update information on a workflow in Ironclad with any updated data in the linked Salesforce Record. It also gives you the ability to track your Ironclad Workflows directly in Salesforce.
- Record Sync pushes completed contracts from Ironclad (both the PDF and associated metadata) to a Contracts object in Salesforce, and, if applicable, links metadata to new or existing Salesforce objects (e.g. create a new Contact with the signer's name, title, and email).
Note: Our Salesforce integration is compatible with both Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.
You can access the Salesforce configuration page under the Integrations tab in Company Settings on www.ironcladapp.com. Once signed in, click your name in the top-left corner, and select Company Settings. This page will show all of your currently configured integrations.
To integrate your Salesforce instance with Ironclad, you will need the following components:
- Administrator privileges in Ironclad. If you don't see the Company Settings option, you may not be an Administrator. For Admin privileges, please contact your Ironclad CSM or Legal Engineer or a member of your Legal team who is responsible for your Ironclad deployment.
- One of the following Salesforce Editions:
- A Salesforce account to link to Ironclad
Note: We highly recommend using a generic service account (e.g. email@example.com), instead of an individual named user license. This service account should also have system administrator permissions.
- Ironclad's Managed Package in Salesforce
- We highly recommend that you Install for All Users to make sure that there are no permissions issues.
Note: The Managed Package will consist of a few custom objects, more importantly, Ironclad Workflow and Ironclad Contract.
After you've installed Ironclad's Managed Package, you will also need to create the following field in your Salesforce instance:
- Custom Lookup Relationship field type on Salesforce object (i.e. Account or Opportunity) to Ironclad Workflow
Note: Add the Ironclad Workflow field to your 'Page Layout' to enable Workflow Sync. This will provide a link directly in Salesforce to track your Ironclad workflows.
Once these requirements are met, you can now set up Workflow Launch, Workflow Sync, and Record Sync in Ironclad!