This article will walk you through how to manage Ironclad Authorization tokens for the Salesforce Integration. This includes how to add, modify, and delete tokens.
To complete the steps below, you must have the following access:
- Ironclad Admin
- Ironclad Admin User permission set in Salesforce
- If you are not using the default permission sets, you must be a Salesforce Sys Admin or have been granted the View All Custom Settings permission in Salesforce.
- Ironclad recommends using our standard permission set for setting the API token. If you have any questions, contact your Salesforce support representative.
- You do NOT need to have purchased access to the Ironclad Public API. Authorization tokens and API keys required for the Salesforce integration are included with the integration purchase.
Generate an Authorization Token
- In Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Access Tokens.
- Enter a descriptive label for the token and click Create. A token displays.
- Copy the token and save it to your computer. You will need the token for the next steps and any future token update. You will not be able to view the token after closing the window. You will only be able to delete/regenerate a token.
Add an Authorization Token to Salesforce
You must be a Salesforce System Administrator to complete this step.
- In Salesforce, click the App Launcher icon indicated by a square grid in the top left corner. Search for "Ironclad Setup", and then click on Ironclad Setup.
- Click Get Started. If you have previously configured an API token, this page will look different. Refer to Modify an Authorization Token.
- In the Ironclad Instance dropdown, select your Ironclad instance.
- In the API Key field, paste the token you copied in the previous steps. Click Connect.
- If the token is valid and the connection is successful, a confirmation message displays and you can proceed with your integration.
Modify an Authorization Token in Salesforce
You may need to update your authorization token in Salesforce if:
- You want to change which Ironclad instance is connected to your Salesforce organization. For example, demo.ironcladapp.com to eu1.ironcladapp.com.
- You deleted the authorization token in Ironclad and created a new token.
- Click on the App Launcher indicated by a grid of dots. Search for "Ironclad Setup", and then click on Ironclad Setup.
- Select Change API Key.
- Click Change API Key. Features that require the authorization token will not function correctly until you add a valid token.
Delete an Authorization Token in Ironclad
You cannot directly view or modify an authorization token you created in Ironclad after its initial creation. However, you can generate a new token at any time to replace an old token. If you have Ironclad Public API access, you can also see integration authorization tokens, including Salesforce, on the API page in the Access Tokens tab. You can delete a Salesforce token from this page, but you can only generate new tokens from the Salesforce integration page.
- Click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Access Tokens.
- Click the X in the top right corner of the token you want to delete.
- Click Confirm.