This article will provide a brief overview of Ironclad's integration with Slack features and capabilities. It will also walk you through how to set up the Ironclad Managed Package for Slack, and will answer some frequently asked questions about the integration.
Ironclad’s Integration with Slack streamlines workflow management and improves collaboration. Users can review workflow details within the Slack interface.
If you have any questions regarding this integration, reach out to email@example.com.
Ironclad's Integration with Slack
The integration with Slack allows stakeholders to launch workflows and review workflow details without leaving the Slack interface.
Workflow participants can customize their notification preferences, such as when a workflow is launched, when they are mentioned in a comment, and when the workflow has been approved.
Connect Slack and Ironclad
Required Permissions: Administrator
- In Ironclad, click Company Settings > Integrations.
- Under Other Integrations, click the Slack tile.
- Click Link Account.
- If you are not logged into Slack on your device, you are prompted with a login screen.
- If you are logged into Slack on your device, an authorization screen displays.
- Select Allow to integrate Slack with Ironclad. You are redirected back to the Integrations page, and the Slack tile shows as Configured.
- In Slack, the Ironclad app is automatically added.
The Ironclad app will appear the next time there is activity in a workflow you participate in, as long you haven’t turned off all your Slack notifications.
You will NOT see the Ironclad app listed in the Slack App Marketplace. If you previously used our old integration with Slack, you may see two Slack Tiles in the Other Integrations section. You need to switch from the previous to the new one in order to use the updated integration.
Manage Notification Settings
Individual users can fine tune the notifications they receive. Administrators cannot change notification settings at the company level.
- After you install the integration with Slack for your company, go to your Personal Profile > Notifications in Ironclad to control which notifications you receive.
- Under Slack Notifications, select the event-specific dropdowns to enable your desired notifications. By default, a sparse set of notifications is selected.
- Click Update.
Compatibility with LE Builder Workflows
If your company uses LE Builder, the Integration with Slack will be compatible with your LE Builder workflows. However, you may see some degraded performance around things like role names being less intuitive than with Workflow Designer-built workflows.
Launch Workflows via Slack
If you want to quickly launch a workflow, you can launch it directly in Slack.
- After the integration with Slack has been successfully installed, navigate to any channel or message (not the Ironclad app itself) and use the following slash command: /request-ironclad-contract.
- A new launch module opens in Slack that only shows you the workflows you have permission to launch. This capability cannot be disabled in the integration with Slack.
3. Select the workflow you want to launch. You are redirected to Ironclad to complete the workflow.
Integration with Slack FAQs
Q: Will the integration @mention someone I tag in the Activity Feed?
A: Yes! As long as the user has @mention notifications configured, users mentioned in the Activity Feed will be @mentioned in Slack.
Q: What information about the workflow can I see in Slack?
A: Slack will display the Current Stage, Contract Type and Creator with a link to the Ironclad workflow.
Q: Can I configure the integration so only some workflows are available to launch from Slack?
A: No, but we check permissions to make sure users can ONLY launch workflows they have access to.
Q: Can approvals be captured via Slack?
A: No, but users can be notified that their approval is requested with a link out to the workflow directly for approval in Ironclad.
Q: Can I set up the integration with my Ironclad sandbox?
A: At this time, we do not support Ironclad's integration with Slack within sandbox environments.
Q: Is the integration with Slack available to EU users?
A: It is not currently available, but this is something we are actively working on.
Q: Can I comment back from Slack to the Ironclad Activity Feed?
A: No, users must launch the workflow in Ironclad to post comments in the Activity Feed.
Q: Can I link the Ironclad integration to more than one workspace?
A: No, you can only link to one workspace at this time.
Q: What is the difference between Ironclad's “new” integration with Slack and the previous one?
A: The previous integration with Slack lacked advanced features and had limited notification capabilities. In contrast, the recently launched integration offers enhanced notification capabilities and settings, along with the added functionality of launching workflows.
The previous integration with Slack will be deprecated in the near future.
Q: What security protocols are in place for this integration?
A: Ironclad relies on OAuth access using the work email address to enforce the same control over permissions, scopes, and visibility as they would have in Ironclad.