- Send a weekly reminder to contract owners with all of their contracts that are expiring or renewing within the next 90 days
- Send a quarterly reminder to the finance team of all vendor contracts over $100,000, executed in the last quarter
- Send a quarterly reminder to the legal team of all contracts that contain a risky obligation, such as an uncapped Limitation of Liability
- Send a prompt reminder exactly 7 days before each MSA is set to expire
Create a Complex Contract Reminder
- In the Repository, filter or search for the contracts you want to receive reminders for:
- If you want to send reminders for expiring contracts of all types in the Repository, skip this step.
- Otherwise, filter or search for your contracts or select a saved view. In this example, create a reminder for all expiring contracts that belong to your Marketing organization by adding the Business Unit filter and filter for contracts where the Business Unit is “Marketing”.
- After you filter the Repository for your desired subset of contracts, click Email reminder. Email reminders are associated with saved views:
- If you started the process from a saved view, you will be directed to the next step.
- If you did not start from a saved view, you are prompted to create a Saved View associated with the reminder. In this example, name the new Saved View "Marketing Contracts."
- If you are not an administrator, skip this step. You can only send reminders to yourself. In the To field, select the users you want to send the reminder to. Reminders can be sent to:
- Individual users in your company.
- Groups in your company.
- A specific role within your company. Reminders sent to these users only contain the contracts where the user assumed the selected role. For example, if the Workflow Owner property is added as a recipient, a user will receive an email reminder with only the contracts in the reminder where they are listed as the Workflow Owner. If a user is not a Workflow Owner for any of the contracts, then they will not receive an email reminder.
- User properties in each contract (such as Counterparty Signer Email). Reminders sent to these emails only contain the contracts with which the email properties are associated. Emails that are not associated with an Ironclad user will not receive a reminder.
Search for the corresponding individual, group, or role and select them from the dropdown. Users included as recipients to an email reminder will only receive contract records that they have permission to view in the Repository. In this example, remind all of the owners of expiring marketing contracts that they have an upcoming expiration to review. Select Workflow Owner in the “To” field.
- Customize the body of the email reminder to explain to the recipients what the reminder is for and why they are receiving it. A maximum of 15 contract records will appear in a single email body, though the email will include a link to view all of the contracts in Ironclad.
Image of Default Email Message
Image of Customized Email Message
- Click the Reminder Alert dropdown and determine how often the reminder will be sent. You can set the reminder cadence to send Promptly (One time or One email) or Periodically (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually). In this example, configure the alert so that contract owners receive a weekly reminder of all of the Marketing contracts they own that are expiring within the next 90 days.
- In the Properties Added dropdown, choose which contract data to include in the email reminder. Select up to five properties to display in the email. In this example, include Expiration Date, Counterparty Name, and Contract Value as the data to show with each contract. Sort the contracts in the email by Expiration Date.
Image of Properties Added Settings
Image of Customized Email
- Click Preview Reminder to review your reminder. When you are happy with the reminder, click Create. In this example, owners of expiring Marketing contracts will now receive a weekly email reminder. This will also create a new Saved View that is specifically associated with the reminder.
For testing purposes, the Preview button in Ironclad does not consider the reminder schedule you configured, but instead sends an email with all records in the saved view.
- Open the associated saved view in the Repository.
- Click View reminder located next to the search bar. The Email Reminder modal displays.
- Update or delete the reminder. If you delete the associated saved view, the reminder will also be deleted.
- You can edit any contract reminders you own and view any where you are listed as a recipient in Company Settings > Notifications > Contract Reminders. Company Administrators can view/edit all existing contract reminders here.