This topic will show you how to modify an existing authorization token in Salesforce. If you do not have an existing token in Salesforce, refer to Add an Ironclad Authorization Token to Salesforce.
You cannot view or edit a token in Ironclad after its initial creation. However, you can generate a new token at any time to replace an existing token.
Delete an Authorization Token in Ironclad
Once you delete your token in the Ironclad Setup module, features that require the authorization token will not function correctly until you add a new token.
- In Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Access Tokens.
- Locate the token you want to delete and click the ‘X’ in the top right corner. A confirmation window displays. Click Delete.
- Note: If you have Ironclad Public API access you can also view integration authorization tokens, including Salesforce. You can delete a Salesforce token from this page, but you can only generate new tokens on the Salesforce integration page.
Modify an Authorization Token in Salesforce
You may need to update your authorization token if:
- You want to change which Ironclad instance is connected to your Salesforce organization (e.g. demo.ironcladapp.com vs eu1.ironcladapp.com )
- You deleted the authorization token in Ironclad and created a new token
- In Salesforce, click the App Launcher icon indicated by a square grid in the top left corner. Search for and select Ironclad Setup.
- Click Change API Key. A confirmation window displays. Click Change API Key.
- Follow the steps in Add an Ironclad Authorization Token to Salesforce to add a new API key.