This topic will provide a brief overview of Ironclad's Word integration features and capabilities.
Use the Word Integration
When you open documents in Ironclad editor, you have the option to edit the document in Word and save its changes back to Ironclad. Your edits in Word save in Ironclad as a new document version when you close Word.
Note: Ironclad's Word integration does not support Word's real-time co-authoring feature.
- Click Edit Offline in the top right corner of the Ironclad editor, then select Open in Word.
- An in-progress screen appears where you can see when the latest connection update between Ironclad and Word occurred. Click Open in Word.
- Make your edits in Word. The connection will continue to save edits from Word to Ironclad as you make them. You can navigate to other places in Ironclad during this time.
Save and close Word. It can take up to 30 seconds for you to see your edits sync back to Ironclad.
- If Word is left unattended or crashes, the connection times out after 10 minutes. If you left the file idle, you must re-establish the connection again.
- When your edits complete their sync back to Ironclad, the following message will show in the bottom right corner of the workflow:
Make Internal Comments in Word
You can make comments on your document in Word so that when the document syncs back to Ironclad, your comments will be internal on the document in Ironclad.
In Word, create a comment and type "(Internal)" at the beginning of your comment.
Resolving warnings with the Word Integration
If you encounter the notification below while opening a document with the integration, you may need to disable Protected View in Microsoft. Microsoft is likely opening the file with that setting because the file is being opened from an internet location.
Review additional information on Protected view on the Microsoft Support Site.