This topic will walk you through how to troubleshoot templates.
This topic is specific to the New Clickwrap Experience. If you are using the Classic Clickwrap Experience, refer to the Classic Clickwrap Experience documentation.
Unable to Paste Content from Word/Pages
If you’re having trouble copying and pasting a contract from a Word or Pages document, consider the following:
- There may be some slight differences in formatting when you try to copy the content and paste the text into our editor. Because of how web pages are built, formatting doesn’t always carry over. We recommend reformatting the content in Clickwrap’s editor.
- Before you copy the content, clear all formatting of your text.
- Indentation do not carry over since this generally isn't something done on web forms. We recommend you reformat the contract so it doesn't use indents. This can be done within our editor as well.
- If you’re carrying lists over, you may have to reapply the list style.
- If you’ve copied and pasted your content and nothing is showing up on your new contract, refresh the page and then try copying and pasting again.
Unable to Upload a New PDF as a Version
If your original version of the template was created as an HTML template, the new versions must be HTML as well. Your template is considered HTML if you:
- Entered HTML
- Pasted an existing document into the editor
- Uploaded a Word document
Can I Share Published Templates Across Multiple Sites?
You can use Shared Templates to easily organize and share your contracts across multiple sites.
Can You Organize Templates into Folders?
While you cannot organize your templates into folders, you can organize them using tags. Once you add tags to your templates, you can filter them in various places based on the tag values.
To add tags to your template:
- In the top navigation bar, click Templates.
- Select the template you want to update.
- Next to Properties, click Edit.
- Add tags to your template.
- Click Save Changes.