This topic will walk you through how to set up a custom domain for your Legal Center.
This topic is specific to the Clickwrap New Experience. If you are using the Classic Clickwrap Experience, refer to the Classic Clickwrap Experience documentation.
Depending on your plan, you may have access to customize your Legal Center URL by creating a custom subdomain.
By default, Legal Center URLs are automatically generated by Ironclad and look something like this: “ https://vault.pactsafe.io…“ with a long string of characters appended at the end of it.
Setting up a custom subdomain allows your team to customize the URL to something like “legal.yourcompanyname.com” instead. This customization not only makes the URL easier to remember and type, but it also inspires trust for your counterparties because the domain is the same as your company website.
Note: If your team desires a different URL structure than “legal.customername.com,” you will need to consider setting up a reverse proxy or iFraming the Legal Center, which requires additional technical scoping and resources.
Prepare to Create a Custom Subdomain
There are important items to know before creating a custom subdomain:
- This process requires a resource from your team who manages your website domain (e.g. yourcompanywebsite.com).
- This process requires coordination between your resource and our Engineering team, facilitated by an Ironclad Support agent.
- To begin this process, reach out to Ironclad Support with your desired custom domain (e.g. legal.yourcompanyname.com) and your Ironclad Clickwrap production Site ID (found in Settings).
Create a Custom Subdomain
- Customer shares and confirms their desired custom domain (e.g. https://yourcompanyname.com) with Ironclad Support.
- Ironclad Support & Ironclad Engineering coordinate to set up DNS; Ironclad Support shares DNS information with Customer.
- Customer adds the SSL validation record name from the DNS information given to their DNS settings. Customer informs Ironclad Support when they are set up. This should be done within 72 hours of the previous step.
- Ironclad Engineering maps custom domain specified by Customer to Ironclad Clickwrap Legal Center; Ironclad Support sends the CNAME for the CloudFront distribution to Customer.
- Customer points custom domain (e.g. https://yourcompanyname.com) to custom CloudFront domain provided by Ironclad; Customer confirms CNAME record setup with Ironclad Support.
- Ironclad Support Agent verifies with Customer that subdomain is up and running.
Legal Center URL Structure with a Custom Subdomain
Once the custom subdomain is configured, you can access your main, default Legal Center by going to the new subdomain, for example: legal.customername.com.
- To navigate to a specific Template in the main, default Legal Center, use the following URL structure (replacing “template-key” with the actual key): legal.customername.com/#template-key. The template key is set within the template’s details page.
- To navigate to an additional Legal Center you’ve created, use the following URL structure (replacing “legal-center-key” with the actual key): legal.customername.com/legal-center-key. The Legal Center key is set within the Legal Center’s details page.
- To navigate to a specific Template in an additional Legal Center you’ve created, use the following URL structure: legal.customername.com/legal-center-key#template-key.
- Legal Centers Overview
- Manage Legal Centers
- Customize Legal Centers
- Create Additional Legal Centers
- Tips to Configure Templates for the Legal Center