This topic will walk you through how to set up a custom domain for your Legal Center.
This topic is specific to the Classic Clickwrap Experience. If you are using the New Clickwrap Experience, refer to the New Experience Clickwrap documentation.
Depending on your plan, you may have access to customize your Legal Center URL by creating a custom subdomain.
The default Legal Center URL begins with https://vault.pactsafe.io/s/[your-site-access-id].
Setting up a custom subdomain allows your team to customize the URL to something like “legal.yourcompanyname.com” instead. This customization not only makes the URL easier to remember and type, but it also inspires trust for your signers because the domain is the same as your company website.
Note: If your team desires a different URL structure than “legal.customername.com,” you will need to consider setting up a reverse proxy or iFraming the Legal Center, which requires additional technical scoping and resources.
Prepare to Create a Custom Subdomain
There are important items to know before creating a custom subdomain:
- This process requires a resource from your team who manages your website domain (e.g. yourcompanywebsite.com).
- This process requires coordination between your resource and our Engineering team, facilitated by an Ironclad Support agent.
To begin this process, reach out to Ironclad Support with your desired custom domain (e.g. legal.yourcompanyname.com) and your Ironclad Clickwrap production Site ID (found in Settings).
- If you have access to create additional Legal Centers beyond your default Legal Center, you can choose which one to associate with your subdomain URL.
Create a Custom Subdomain
- Customer shares and confirms their desired custom domain (e.g. https://yourcompanyname.com) and which Legal Center to associate with it with Ironclad Support.
- Ironclad Support and Ironclad Engineering coordinate to set up DNS; Ironclad Support shares DNS information with Customer.
- Customer adds the SSL validation record name from the DNS information given to their DNS settings. Customer informs Ironclad Support when they are set up. This should be done within 72 hours of the previous step.
- Ironclad Engineering maps custom domain specified by Customer to Ironclad Clickwrap Legal Center; Ironclad Support sends the CNAME for the CloudFront distribution to Customer.
- Customer points custom domain (e.g. https://yourcompanyname.com) to custom CloudFront domain provided by Ironclad; Customer confirms CNAME record setup with Ironclad Support.
- Ironclad Support Agent verifies with Customer that subdomain is up and running.
Legal Center URL Structure with a Custom Subdomain
Once the custom subdomain is configured, you can access your main, default Legal Center by going to the new subdomain, for example: legal.customername.com.
- To navigate to a specific Contract in the main, default Legal Center, use the following URL structure (replacing “contract-key” with the actual key): legal.customername.com/#contract-key. The Contract key is set within the contract’s details page.
- To navigate to an additional Legal Center you’ve created, use the following URL structure (replacing “legal-center-key” with the actual key): legal.customername.com/legal-center-key. The Legal Center key is set within the Legal Center’s details page.
- To navigate to a specific Contract in an additional Legal Center you’ve created, use the following URL structure: legal.customername.com/legal-center-key#contract-key
- Legal Centers Overview
- Manage Legal Centers
- Customize Legal Centers
- Tips to Configure Contracts for the Legal Center