This topic will provide you with a basic overview of Ironclad IDs.
Every workflow and corresponding record has an associated Ironclad ID. The Ironclad ID acts as a contract’s unique identifier throughout its entire lifecycle. When you archive a workflow, the resulting record shares the workflow’s Ironclad ID. If you upload a record directly to the Repository it will be assigned a unique Ironclad ID.
The format of an Ironclad ID is a standard prefix (IC) and a number that increases sequentially based on the the creation or upload date of the workflow or record. . For example, “IC-1”. The standard prefix is “IC” for all companies. If you want to customize the prefix, reach out to Ironclad Support.
The Ironclad ID can be found in three places:
|The Info panel of a workflow.
|The metadata of a record, located under Other Contract Info.
|The Dashboard or Repository as a column. You can manually add a new column for the Ironclad ID. The Ironclad ID is then included in your exports.
Use Ironclad ID as a Tag in Workflow Designer
- Workflow Settings
- Custom Emails
- Default Email Template in the Review Settings
- File Management in Archive settings
eSignature Packet Configuration
- Click the Workflow Designer tab.
- Select the workflow you want to update.
- Click the Document tab.
- If you do not have an existing field that you want to add the formula to, create a new field.
- Enter ‘Ironclad ID’ as the Name.
- Add a formula and enter ‘[Ironclad ID]’.
- Click Save. You can now add the Ironclad ID tag to your document in Workflow Designer.
API users can call workflow and record APIs with the Ironclad ID in addition to the existing Workflow ID and Record ID. Refer to the API documentation for more information.