This topic will walk you through how to create and edit contract relationships.
You can create and edit contract relationships for any given record by linking it with other records in the Repository.
- In Ironclad, click the Repository tab.
- Click on the record that you want to create or edit relationships for. The record displays in a panel on the right.
- In the Contract Relationships section, click the blue text representing the record’s existing relationships. The Contract Hierarchies panel displays on the left.
- On the Contract Relationships panel, click Edit located in the top right corner.
- To create a relationship with a new record, click Add Parent Record, Add Child Record, or Add Related Record. You can then search for and select the record you want to create a relationship with.
- To edit an existing relationship to a different type, click the three stacked dots located to the right of the record. Click Change to Parent Record, Change to Child Record, or Change to Related Record.
- To delete an existing relationship, click the three stacked dots located to the right of the record. Click Delete.
- Click Save Changes.
To link a workflow to existing records, the workflow configuration must be be configured to create contract relationships. The following steps assume this has already been done.
Add Contract Relationships on the Launch Form
The launch form can contain questions that allow the user to create parent, child, and related records. When presented with a Contract Relationship launch form question, you must search for an existing record to link to. Each search result includes whether it has any child records, the Record Type, the Agreement Date, and up to three other record properties (configurable in Workflow Designer). These data points help you choose the correct record to link to.
This was designed for customers who want their contract requestors to create contract relationships in the beginning of a workflow as opposed to the Legal team creating all of the contract relationships later in the contracting process.
Add/Edit Contract Relationships During the Review Step
You can also add or edit contract relationships during the Review step. To do so, click Edit Info. This allows you to edit your previous contract relationships or create new ones.
Add/Edit Contract Relationships During the Archive Step
During the Archive step, you have another opportunity to review the contract relationships that have been established on the launch form and Review step. This is useful for Legal and Legal Ops to verify that all of the workflow data that is being saved is accurate, including related records
To modify the related records at this step, click Edit located under the information table. A form displays that allows you to edit all of the workflow data.
- Contract Relationships Overview
- Configure Workflows to Create Contract Relationships
- Common Contract Relationship Use Cases
- Types of Form Fields in Workflow Designer