This article will provide you with an overview of Clickwrap Guides. This includes what they are, how they function, and how to create and publish one.
Implementation of any third party code can be daunting, especially for legal teams who may be less familiar with working with engineering teams. Many customers getting started with Clickwrap have questions like:
- Which snippets of code should I use?
- What are best practices for tracking acceptance when a counterparty clicks a button?
- How can I short circuit the process of integration for my technical team?
- What did we actually end up implementing?
Additionally, for every Clickwrap group you’ve setup, you may have different places or ways you want to present and track acceptance across different websites, URLs, apps, and more.
Clickwrap Guides allow you to set up and publish the details behind your Ironclad Clickwrap integration. Guides are designed to bring your legal, business, and technical teams together to define and finalize how you’ll present and track Clickwrap agreements for a particular Clickwrap Group.
Through a series of questions, you’ll shape the personalized blueprint and snippets of code you will need to implement Clickwrap inside your website and native apps. Answering questions in a Guide will yield both Instructions and a Preview on the right hand side of the screen:
- Instructions are personalized to each Guide, and give your technical team the context and code snippets that follow the decisions you’ve made on how to present and track acceptance in your Clickwrap agreement.
- The Preview will reflect answers to your questions with a working preview and a log of events that are fired by the Clickwrap platform.
When creating a Guide, your draft Guide will only be available to you. You can change decisions, interact with the preview to see how it works, and share a link to your draft for someone else to modify and explore.
When you click Publish, the Guide is then shared with your entire team.
There are two forms of Guides in your account: Drafts and Published Guides. A draft is a Guide that is being tested as a draft. It’s only available to the user who created it (you) and can be edited and changed in real-time. Drafts and Guides relate to one another as demonstrated in the following examples:
- A Clickwrap group can have many Guides. You may want to use multiple Guides on a Clickwrap group when implementing across web, iOS, and Android.
- A Guide can have many drafts. You may want to test a new configuration or setup behind a Clickwrap group. You can create a new drafts or clone a published Guide.
A Published Guide creates a new version so that the blueprint for your implementation of Clickwrap is kept up to date.
The Guide for Desktop Web serves as the implementation blueprint for a Clickwrap Group. Each draft allows you to tinker individually and publish your Guide once it’s finalized and ready to go. Publishing a draft in the image’s instance would yield a “v2” of the Desktop Web Guide.
Publish a Guide
Your Clickwrap Group can have many Guides that represent different methods you may use to integrate Clickwrap into your website or app.
All admins have permission to Publish Guides. This permission is locked and cannot be changed.
- In Ironclad Clickwrap, select the group you want to publish a Guide for. Click the Guides tab.
- If you already have a Guide set up, you can create a new Playground. Playgrounds are drafts that are not shared with the rest of your users. If you want to publish playgrounds, proceed to step 6.
- If you have not created a Guide, click Create a Guide. You are asked a series of questions that generate two things:
- Instructions with code snippets to copy any paste into your code base.
- A live preview you can interact with to see how Clickwrap works and how your specific Clickwrap group will be embedded into your website or app.
- At any time you can click on the text box within each decision to add notes for your technical team as to why you made a specific selection.
- Click the Preview tab to view a live preview you can interact with to see how Clickwrap works and how your specific Clickwrap group will be embedded into your website or app.
- Click Publish located in the top right corner. This makes it available to everyone on your Clickwrap site. They can then reference your configured Guide as a blueprint for integrating with Clickwrap.