This topic will provide you with an overview of workflow activity notifications and how to manage them.
Workflow Activity Notifications
When you participate in a workflow, either as the owner, a reviewer, a signer, or some other kind of participant, you receive notifications. These notifications display on the Notifications page in Ironclad. If you are @mentioned in a comment, sent a reminder, or assigned to complete an action, you receive an in-app notification and an email.
If you start a workflow, you are the workflow owner and receive all activity notifications for that workflow in-app and through email. If you are a workflow participant, you may receive additional notifications.
There are four types of notifications:
- Assigned to me: Notify you that your action is required on a workflow such as an approval, signature, etc.
- @ Mentions: Notify you that another user mentioned you in a comment or sends you a reminder.
- Note: You can @mention any user on Ironclad into a single workflow. This gives them permission to view that single workflow. This action cannot be undone. In other words, once you @mention a user into a workflow, the ability for them to view that workflow cannot be removed.
- Reminders: Reminds you that action is required on your part.
- Activity: Keep you up to date on the status of the workflows you are involved in. Generally, these do not require any action.and generally do not require any action.
If you want to configure your email notifications, refer to Email Notification Triggers. This topic also contains a detailed list of what notifications exist and under what circumstances they are sent.
Manage Notifications In-App
- Click Notifications indicated by a bell icon. This icon is located in the top right next to your name. Your 10 most recent notifications display.
- Click View All to view all of your notifications. You are redirected to the Notifications page where you can view all of your read and unread notifications. Click Mark all as read to mark all of your unread notifications as read.
- If you want to view the workflow associated with a specific notification, click on the notification.
- If you visit a workflow that has unread notifications associated with it, all of the notifications are marked as read.