This topic will walk you through how to bulk edit Repository permissions.
The Repository bulk edit permissions tool allows you to edit the permissions for multiple records in Repository. There are a couple of common reasons for bulk editing permissions:
- After you migrate your contracts to the Repository, use the bulk edit tool to give groups access to the newly imported records.
- You change Repository permissions configurations in Workflow Designer. Use the bulk edit tool to update existing Repository permissions to align with new rules.
Follow the steps below in order to edit multiple records' permissions in the Repository.
1. Filter Records
Use the Filters panel on the left to apply search parameters and filter your Repository records to the list of records that you would like to edit. The total number of filtered results are listed in the bottom left corner of Repository. For example, 401 records are included in the filtered list below.
2. Repository Bulk Edit Permissions Menu
Click the More menu indicated by three stacked dots located in the upper right corner. Edit the permissions in the Options column, based on the information below.
This Group column lists all the groups that are listed in your Company Settings. To view and edit your groups, click your name in the top right corner, and then click Company Settings > Users and Groups > Groups.
The Current Permissions column describes the access the group has to the filtered list of records in your Repository. There are four possible settings:
- Can view all of these records
- Can view and edit all of these records
- No access to any records
Groups can have mixed access. This means that the group has a combination of the three settings. For example, they may have no access to a set of filtered records and view access to another set of filtered records.
The Options column allows you to select how you would like to change the group’s access to the filtered list of records. In Group Settings, the group’s repository settings must be set to Choose access rights for specific Records and Record types to be able to update this column. There are three options:
- Cannot change: Administrators’ permissions are defaulted to have view and edit access to all records in Repository. Remove a user from the Administrators group if you want the users to have limited access in Repository.
- Managed in Group Settings: In Group Settings, you have not selected “Choose access rights for specific Records and Record types”. Therefore, records access is not managed on a per record basis.
- Edit Dropdown: The dropdown allows you to update your group's Repository settings. There are four settings to choose from:
Setting Impact No change Leaves the current permission as is. No access The group will not be able to view your filtered list of records in the Repository. Can view and edit The group will be able to view and edit your filtered list of records in the Repository. Can view only The group will have view access to your filtered list of records in the Repository.
3. Save Changes
After you have configure your group's Repository permissions, select Save. A progress bar displays at the bottom of the page that estimates the amount of time until the permissions changes are completed in your Repository. Do not close the Edit Permissions page until the changes are complete.
4. Confirm Repository Permissions
Click on a specific record and scroll down to the Access section on the Repository panel to confirm the groups that have view and/or edit access to the record. Groups with editor access have (editors) next to the group name.