This topic will walk you through how to enable Salesforce workflow sync. This also includes how to enable document sync.
Note: This article is intended for users setting up the Ironclad Salesforce Integration for the first time or for those doing a fresh install of the Ironclad Managed Package.
- If you are looking for documentation on package versions 2.1 and below, refer to Salesforce Integration Overview (Legacy).
- If you want to upgrade from a version below 2.2 to a version above 2.16, refer to Upgrade the Ironclad Salesforce Integration.
- If you installed an early-access package (between version 2.4 and 2.12) and are now switching to the official release package (2.16+), refer to Upgrade Early Access Package to Official Release.
Enable Workflow Sync
In order to set up workflow sync, you must have the Ironclad Managed Package installed in your Salesforce instance.
- Log into your Ironclad account. Click on your name located in the top right corner. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce.
- Click Add Workflow Configuration and select a workflow.
- Click Edit Workflow Sync Settings.
- Under the Workflow Sync section, select Enable sync to the Ironclad Workflow Object. A direct link to the source Salesforce record is added to the workflow in Ironclad. A link is also added to your Ironclad workflow custom field in Salesforce.
- If you want to update the workflow if the information has changed in Salesforce, go to your workflow in Ironclad and click Refresh from source or Correct Information. This button is located in your Activity Feed and the right information column. In order to use this, your workflow must be generated form Salesforce using Workflow Launch.
- If the sync fails, a Correct Information button displays in the Activity Feed. Click Correct Information to correct the information in Ironclad.
Enable Document Sync
There are two workflow sync methods:
- Documents: used to sync your draft and signed documents back to the Ironclad Workflow object in Salesforce.
- Linked Sources: used to connect Salesforce source objects to Ironclad Workflows for package versions 2.1 and below; you do not need to set this up if you are using package versions 2.5 and above.
- If you want to sync your draft and signed documents back to the Ironclad Workflow object in Salesforce, set up your workflow sync with Documents. To do this:
- Select whether you want Draft documents and/or Signed documents to sync.
- From the dropdown, select whether you want to Sync documents to Files or Sync documents to Notes & Attachments (default).