This topic will walk you through how to embed a workflow launch experience in Salesforce.
This article is intended for users with version 2.13+ of the Ironclad Managed Package. The information may not be accurate for previous versions.
If you are an Ironclad Account Administrator, you can enable your users to automatically pull data from Salesforce when they launch a workflow by using one of the following methods:
- Pull from Salesforce button on the workflow launch form in Ironclad
- Custom button in Salesforce
- Embedded launch experience in Salesforce
This article focuses on the embedded launch experience. If you have multiple workflows that you would like to launch with Salesforce data, you should repeat this set of steps for each workflow.
If you want to learn more about additional Salesforce integration permissions, refer to Configure Additional Workflow Permissions (Version 2.30+ and Above).
Configure Embedded Workflow Launch in Salesforce
- Copy the Salesforce Custom URL after you save your mapped workflow fields. You can also use the Autosubmit URL if all of your launch form fields will be imported from Salesforce data.
- Click the App Launcher icon indicated by a grid of dots, and then search for and click Ironclad Workflow Configurations.
- Click New.
- Enter in an Ironclad Configuration Name.
- In the Source Object field, paste the API Name. To find this, go to Settings > Object Manager, and then select your source object and paste it in the Source Object field. Use the format of the name exactly as it appears. For example, if the Object Manager says "Contact", make sure you don’t accidentally say "Contacts" instead.
- Paste in the Salesforce Custom URL into the URL field.
- Verify that the Source Object and URL fields are entered correctly. Click Save.
- In the Sales app, click the Contacts tab, or the tab for whichever object you would like to launch from.
- Click New, and then fill in the required fields. Click Save.
- Click Setup indicated by a gear icon in the top right, and then click Edit Page.
- Drag the Ironclad Workflows Component to the right panel on the page.
- Click Save.
- Click Activation to activate the page based on your organization’s needs. We recommend that you activate this lightning page for both Sales and Sales Console apps.
- Repeat these steps for each workflow that you want to launch using Salesforce data.