Note: This article is intended for the legacy managed package (versions 2.1 and below). The information below may not be accurate for newer versions.
- If you are setting up the Ironclad Salesforce integration for the first time, or are installing an updated version of the Ironclad Managed package (version 2.16 and above), refer to the Salesforce New User Setup Guide.
- If you want to upgrade from a version below 2.2 to a version above 2.16, refer to Upgrade the Ironclad Salesforce Integration.
- If you installed an early-access package (between version 2.4 and 2.12) and are now switching to the official release package (2.16+), refer to Upgrade Early Access Package to Official Release.
Connect a Workflow to Salesforce
- In Ironclad, click the Workflow Designer tab and select the workflow template you want to link your Salesforce objects’ metadata to.
- Create a Salesforce ID question on your launch form. This can require multiple IDs depending on which Salesforce object(s) you intend to push back to such as Account ID or Opportunity ID. This may require multiple questions, one for each record ID. For example, if you want to push metadata back to the Account object in Salesforce, you must include a Salesforce Account ID question in the Ironclad workflow.
- Publish the workflow template. If you are migrating a workflow from a demo or preview environment, ensure that groups are created and mapped to the necessary roles in the workflow. By default, published workflows are only available to administrators unless a group has “All Workflows (Current and Future)” configured for its Workflow Access permissions.
- In Salesforce, verify that your Salesforce account that you are integrating with Ironclad has the necessary API and object creation permissions.
- Install the Ironclad Salesforce package.
- Optional: By default, Ironclad only shows the latest active workflow in the Ironclad Workflow Lookup Relationship field on the launch object. If you want to display all Workflows in a Related List, use Process Builder to set up multiple record objects on the Ironclad Workflow object.
- Create a Lookup Relationship field from the Ironclad Contract object to the launch object. By default, the Ironclad Contract object includes a Lookup Relationship field to the Account. If you’re launching a workflow from a different object such as Opportunity or Quote, create a Lookup Relationship field from the Ironclad Contract object to that object.
- Optional: Add fields to the Ironclad Contract object for any relevant metadata needed back in Salesforce via Record Sync. Make sure the field type in Salesforce matches the field type in Ironclad.
- In an incognito window in Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce. Link your Salesforce instance to your Ironclad instance using your integration account. The incognito window ensures that you you do not integrate Salesforce with your personal Ironclad account.
- Set up field mapping for the workflow launch such as pulling data from Salesforce to pre-populate the launch form in Ironclad.
- Configure workflow sync.
- In Salesforce, create a workflow launch button on the launch object. Use the Custom Button or Link URL provided when you configure the workflow launch in Salesforce on the launch object.
- In Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce.
- Set up field mapping for Record Sync such as writing back executed PDF or relevant metadata from Ironclad to Salesforce. When using the Lookup Relationship fields from the Ironclad Contract object to objects such as the Account or Opportunity, we recommend “Search for an existing Salesforce Record” as the method and “Match based on Salesforce ID or URL property?” using the same Short Response field from the workflow launch.
- In Salesforce, launch a workflow using the button you created. Make sure that the data being pulled from Salesforce is populating correctly in the launch form. After you submit the workflow, confirm that an Ironclad Workflow object was created in Salesforce.
- After you complete the Archive step in Ironclad, ensure an Ironclad Contract object is created in Salesforce. If pushing the executed PDF or metadata, confirm all data and documents are on the Ironclad Contract object.
- In Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce. For any group that must use the workflow, update their “Starting Workflow” permissions to include the workflow.