This topic will walk you through how to configure Salesforce Workflow Sync. This includes how to troubleshoot if your Ironclad workflow is not an option in the linked source dropdown.
Note: This article is intended for the legacy managed package (versions 2.1 and below). The information below may not be accurate for newer versions.
- If you are setting up the Ironclad Salesforce integration for the first time, or are installing an updated version of the Ironclad Managed package (version 2.16 and above), refer to the Salesforce New User Setup Guide.
- If you want to upgrade from a version below 2.2 to a version above 2.16, refer to Upgrade the Ironclad Salesforce Integration.
- If you installed an early-access package (between version 2.4 and 2.12) and are now switching to the official release package (2.16+), refer to Upgrade Early Access Package to Official Release.
- Set Up Workflow Sync
- Why Isn’t My Ironclad Workflow an Option in the Linked Source Dropdown?
To use Salesforce record sync, you must have the following components:
- Install Ironclad's managed package in your Salesforce instance. If you are connecting to a Salesforce Sandbox account, you are directed to the sandbox managed package.
- Custom Lookup Relationship field type on Salesforce object to Ironclad workflow. (You must create the Lookup Relationship field in order to set up workflow sync with a linked source.)
Set Up Workflow Sync
- In Ironclad, click on your name located in the top right corner of Ironclad. Navigate to Company Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Workflow Sync.
- Click Add Workflow Configuration, and then select Enable Sync to the Ironclad Workflow Object.
- Click Edit Workflow Sync Settings.
- If you want to select which Salesforce object you’d like to link you workflow to, set up your workflow sync with a linked source. To do this:
- Click Add Linked Source.
- From the dropdown on the left, select the Salesforce object you want to link the workflow to.
- From the dropdown on the right, select the custom Lookup Relationship type field you created. If you can’t find the Ironclad workflow you want to link to, refer to the Why Isn’t My Ironclad Workflow an Option in the Linked Source Dropdown? section below.
- A link is added directly to the source Salesforce Record from the workflow in Ironclad AND a link is populated in your Ironclad Workflow custom field in Salesforce.
- If you want to sync your draft and signed documents back to the Ironclad Workflow object in Salesforce, set up your workflow sync with documents. To do this:
- Select whether you want Draft documents and/or Signed documents to sync.
- From the dropdown, select whether you want to Sync documents to Files or Sync documents to Notes & Attachments (default).
- If you want to update the workflow if the information has changed in Salesforce, go to your workflow in Ironclad and click Refresh from source or Correct Information. This button is located in your Activity Feed and the right information column. In order to use this, your workflow must be generated form Salesforce using Workflow Launch.
- If the sync fails, a Correct Information button displays in the Activity Feed. Click the Correct Information to correct the information in Ironclad.
Why Isn’t My Ironclad Workflow an Option in the Linked Source Dropdown?
If you cannot select your Ironclad workflow to link to your Salesforce object when you are configuring your linked source:
- Verify that you've installed Ironclad's Package in your Salesforce instance.
- Verify the linked account for your Salesforce integration has access (read/write permissions) to objects from Ironclad's Package.
- Verify that you have a custom Lookup Relationship field type created in the Salesforce object(s). For example, if you want to add a link to your Ironclad workflows in the Account object, create a custom Lookup Relationship field type in the Account object.
If the problem persists, contact Support at email@example.com.