This topic will walk you through a basic overview of the Ironclad Coupa integration.
The Ironclad Coupa integration provides two opportunities to synchronize your procurement and contracting processes:
- Requisition Sync: Allows for contracts to be automatically launched and processed as part of your requisition approval flow. Business users benefit from a single flow, with both spend and contracting occurring in parallel. Legal and procurement teams benefit from synchronized approvals that ensure neither process is completed until both teams have approved.
- Contract Sync: Allows you to send archived Ironclad contracts back to Coupa as Coupa contracts. This can be highly effective and lightweight way to get contracting data into Coupa.
You can set up each sync as a stand alone integration, or you can use the two together to provide a more robust integration between Coupa and Ironclad.
Requisition sync combines your requisition approval and contract review processes into a single unified process, with data easily flowing between the two. There are three key touch points in the integration:
- Contract Launch: Once a Coupa requisition reaches a designated approval in the Coupa approval chain it will automatically launch an Ironclad contract.
- Procurement Approval: Once sufficient approvals have been collected in Coupa, the Ironclad workflow is approved on behalf of procurement.
- Contract Execution: Once procurement approval has been provided, there are two possible behaviors depending on configuration:
- The requisition can be held in pending until the contract signed, assuring POs are only issued for legally agreed spend.
- The requisition can be approved immediately once all Coupa approvals have been collected, allowing POs to be generated prior to the Ironclad contract going out for signature. This allows the associated PO number to be included and populated in the Ironclad contract.
To begin setting up requisition sync, review how to prepare your Ironclad workflows.
Contract sync automatically sends Ironclad records to Coupa as contract objects, allowing completed contract data to display in Coupa. It is lightweight to set-up, providing procurement with access to contracting data with minimum impact on current sourcing and procurement workflows.
The supported data types available to sync from Ironclad records to Coupa contracts include:
- Simple fields such as Counterparty Name or Agreement Date.
- Data from complex objects such as monetary amounts and other multi-dimensional data types.
- Information from list fields such as a table or series of line items.
To set up contract sync, refer to Set Up Coupa Contract Sync.
Coupa Requisition Sync Setup
- Step 1: Set Up Workflows for Coupa Integration
- Step 2: Set Up Mappings for Coupa Integration
- Step 3: Set Up Your Coupa Instance
Coupa Contract Sync Setup