This topic will walk you through how to manage purchase order changes using requisition sync.
If you allow users to request changes to their purchase orders (PO) and apply the original requisition approval flow to the PO change request, you must make additional changes to your Coupa configuration for it to work correctly with Ironclad Requisition Sync for Coupa.
Ironclad’s Coupa integration is not compatible with PO changes, so you must update the PO change approval chain to ensure it does not include the Ironclad integrated external approvals. Failure to do so will block PO change requests and lead to incorrect Ironclad workflow launches.
This topic is based on Coupa’s recommendations outlined in Coupa’s Help Center. We recommend reading them first before continuing with this topic. To locate this content, navigate to Coupa's Help Center and search for "PO Change Approvals" and review the associated content.
Manage PO Changes
- In Coupa, create a custom checkbox field. To do this:
- On the requisition line, click Setup > Custom Fields > Requisitions.
- Add a custom field under the Items header.
- Name it Change Request, and configure the following:
- Active: Selected
- Editable: Selected
- Required: Deselected
- Click Save and Copy to Order Line. Click Done.
- Go to the custom field for purchase orders and scroll down to the PO line area of the page. There is a box named Change Request based off of your requisition line. Select Required.
- Because this field is now required on the purchase order form, your end user is forced to check it when they submit a PO change request. Because it’s optional on the requisition request, it is not selected on POs when they are first generated from requisitions. You must use this to create a new condition on your Ironclad integrated external approvals.
- Click Setup > Approvals.
- For each of the external approvals you’ve set up for the Ironclad integration, add an additional condition stating that line change request should not equal True. This ensures Ironclad integrated approvals are suppressed on PO change requests while allowing the rest of your approval flow to be used as normal.
Coupa Requisition Sync Setup
- Step 1: Set Up Workflows for Coupa Integration
- Step 2: Set Up Mappings for Coupa Integration
- Step 3: Set Up Your Coupa Instance
Coupa Contract Sync Setup
- Use Custom Fields and Easy Forms in Coupa
- Manage Purchase Order Changes with Requisition Sync (Current Topic)