This topic will walk you through how to send a private message and add a CC recipient to an eSignature email.
Send a Private Message
Private messages are only available for DocuSign and AdobeSign.
- DocuSign: There is no action required to use private messages.
- AdobeSign: In your AdobeSign account, locate Send Settings. Enable Private Messages to Recipients.
When you send out a signature packet, you can add a private message to send to any of the signers.
- In the Prepare Signature Packet window, click the Add private message indicated by an envelope icon next to the signer’s name.
- Enter your message. There is a limit of 1,000 characters, and the preview of the message only displays 250 characters.
- Click Save Message. The Activity Feed tracks when the message is sent out for signature, and when the recipient views the message. The content of the private message is saved even when a signature request is canceled or the signature packet is reset.
Add a CC Recipient to an eSignature Email
If you are the signature coordinator, you can add CC recipients to your signer’s request email. These recipients can view and follow the progress of the signature request.
- In the workflow’s Signers section, click Add eSignature CCs.
- Enter the recipient’s emails or search for Ironclad users. CC recipients are notified when the signature packet is sent and all signatures are collected. All eSignature providers provide the fully executed agreement to CC recipients as well. If you add an internal user as a CC recipient, this does not give them access to the workflow or the ability to edit it.