This topic will walk you through how to share documents.
Share Documents Overview
You can send the latest versions of your document drafts directly from Ironclad to your recipients.
WonderWeb Inc.’s paralegals put together the “closing package” for the other side’s attorneys to review before the deal is sent out for signature. The package includes:
The clean Word doc of the final version. Attorney’s often call this the ‘final clean’.
A redline showing the differences from v1 to the final version. This shows how much has changed over the course of negotiations and confirms that all of the points made it to the final clean.
A PDF of the final version. This is often called the ‘execution copy’ because you can take a pen to it right away.
WonderWeb Inc. uses the Email Document functionality to build this email directly in Ironclad.
The email below is an example of what your counterparty receives in Gmail.
- In the workflow’s Review section, click Email Document.
- In the To: and Cc: fields, specify your recipients. You must add at least one recipient in the To: field.
- In the Subject field, add a subject line for the email.
- In the body of the email, edit the text to suit your needs.
- If your workflow is configured to allow you to upload attachments, you can also share them with your counterparty. To share document with your counterparty:
- Click Add document or redline.
- In the Document dropdown, select the document and version you want to attach.
- In the Attachment field, enter a name for the attachment.
- In the Format dropdown, select the format of the document you want to attach.
- To specify the attachment’s details, click Change attachment indicated by a pencil icon. You can specify the document’s details, and if the document is in .docx or .doc format, you can convert it into .pdf format. Redlines are available if there are multiple versions of a word document in the workflow.
- Click Email Document(s).
- To track the email’s views, go to the workflow’s Activity Feed. Locate the email in the Activity Feed. Below the email text, hover over the eye icon to see how many recipients have seen the email.
- Alternatively, you can Cc the workflow email address in an email sent to the counterparty, and Ironclad captures the response in the Activity Feed. To copy the the email address, click directly to this workflow located in the right pane.
The email sent from Ironclad has a unique email address associated with the workflow. The recipients can reply directly to the email. The response, as well as the attachments, are captured by Ironclad. If an email has an attachment(s), you can either replace the existing workflow document add it as a new document. An attachment can only replace a document of the same format.
- In the Activity Feed, click Add to Workflow.
- Select if you want to add it as a new document or replace an existing document.
- Click Replace document.