This topic will walk you through how to reassign and add approvers to an in progress workflow.
Reassign an Existing Approver
Once you submit a workflow’s launch form, you can change which user is assigned to review and approve the document.
- In the workflow’s Review section, locate the list of approvers. Next to the approver you want to reassign, click the three stacked dots > Assign to.... If you cannot see the button, you are not in the same group as the approver.
- A dropdown menu displays with a list of users you can select. Only individuals assigned to that group in your company settings appear in the dropdown.
Add a New Approver
You can add approvers and reviewers as contract negotiations progress. All participants in a workflow can add a new approver.
When you add a new approver, it does not adjust the document template, but it is tracked in the Activity Feed. The new approver is notified their approval is required. New approvers are always listed as required last, and they cannot be reordered. If a workflow returns to the Review step after the Signature or Archive steps, the approver must be added again manually.
If you add a user as an approver that is not a participant in the workflow, they are given access to the workflow. This cannot be undone.
- In the workflow’s Review section, locate the list of approvers. Click Add Approver.
- Select a user from the Approver Name dropdown. This dropdown includes all members of your company that are users Ironclad.
- Add a Reason for Approval and click Send Request.
- If you no longer need an approver, click the three stacked dots next to their name, and then click Change to Participant. This removes the required approval, but keeps the user as a participant in the workflow.