This topic will walk you through how to manage workflows. This includes changing your workflow configuration's name, duplicating a workflow configuration, and moving a workflow configuration between your demo and production environments.
To learn more about workflows, refer to the Workflow Configurations Overview.
- Update Your Workflow Configuration’s Title and Display Name
- Duplicate, Export, Unpublish, or Delete a Workflow
- Move a Workflow Between Your Demo and Production Environments
Update Your Workflow Configuration’s Title and Display Name
You can define how your workflow configuration’s name displays internally, externally, and in Workflow Designer. You can use tags to add variable information to the internal and external name.
- Click the Workflow Designer tab.
- Select the workflow you want to update.
- To update name of the workflow configuration in Workflow Designer, click the name in the top left corner and type your new name.
- To update how the workflow configuration appears in all other places, click the Settings icon next to the name in the top left corner. Update the workflow configuration’s internal and external display name.
- You can use tags to add variable information to the internal and external name. To insert a tag, click into the text box and type [ then begin typing your existing field or condition name. Press Enter to insert the tag.
- Click Save.
Duplicate, Export, Unpublish, or Delete a Workflow Configuration
In Workflow Designer, you can duplicate, export, unpublish, and delete any of your existing workflow configurations.
- Click the Workflow Designer tab.
- Locate the workflow you want to take action on, and click the three stacked dots beside it.
- Review the table below to learn more about the menu options.
Action Description Duplicate Duplicates your workflow configuration. By default, the duplicate is not published. Export Exports your workflow so it can be uploaded to a different Ironclad instance. The file extension is .icb. Import New Version Imports new version of your workflow configuration along with any playbook definitions. Unpublish Unpublishes your workflow. This makes it unavailable to your users and will require you to update your API and Salesforce integrations if you choose to publish it again. Delete Permanently deletes your workflow. This can’t be undone.
Move a Workflow Configuration Between Your Demo and Production Environments
You can import a workflow configuration from your testing environment on demo.ironcladapp.com to your live production environment.
- In your demo instance of Ironclad, click the Workflow Designer tab.
- Locate the workflow you want to move and export it.
- In your production instance of Ironclad, click the Workflow Designer tab > Import.
- Upload you workflow configuration file and then click Import.
- Assign approvers. Approvers are tasked with reviewing and approving your contract. You can set up sequential groups so that approvers will be required to approve your contract one after another.
- Configure your workflow’s signature's. When deciding how to collect signatures, you have the option to send out signature requests concurrently or sequentially to all signers.
- If applicable, configure your archive record properties.The record type of your Workflow Designer template can be configured to specific contract types to be searchable in the Repository.
- If the new workflow configuration is replacing an existing configuration, unpublish the outdated configuration. This makes it unavailable to your users and will require you to update your API and Salesforce integrations if you choose to publish it again.