This topic will walk you through how to add a counterparty form to your workflow.
You can use counterparty forms to send a request to your counterparty to fill out specific details for the contract such as their legal entity name, company address, and/or signer information. To learn more about the different types of forms in Workflow Designer, refer to Form Types in Workflow Designer.
Note: Any internal participant in a workflow can complete all additional forms (including counterparty forms) in Ironclad at any time by clicking the View Form button.
- Click on the Workflow Designer tab and select the workflow configuration you want to modify. Click on the Create tab.
- Click Add additional form > Counterparty Form. A new counterparty form is created.
- In the Form Name field, add the form's name. In the Form Description field, add a description of the form.
- If you want the form to be sent based on conditions within your contract, select a condition from the Send counterparty form dropdown.
- In the External form recipient field, select an email.
- If you want to determine what email to send the counterparty form to, you can add an email type question to your launch form and ask ‘What is your point of contact’s email?’ Include a description that informs them that Ironclad will collect agreement information from this point of contact.
- If you want the workflow owner to be CC’d, enable CC Workflow Owner.
- To add a question to the form, click Add question to form.
- To add a section to the form, click Add section to form.
- To add a table to the form, click Add table to form.
- To move a question from your launch form to your counterparty form, click the Launch Form tab, locate your question, and select Move question into > Counterparty Form.
Customize the email sent to your designated counterparty form recipient.
- To change an existing tag, click the tag, then select Open tag selector. To remove an existing tag, click the tag, then select Remove.
- To add a new tag, type a bracket "[", then select the tag you want to add.
- Update the default From (Display Name), Subject, and Body text, as desired.
The counterparty will receive an email, where they can click Complete Request to open the counterparty form.
Upon clicking Complete Request, the counterparty form will open in a new tab.