This topic will walk you through how to enable autocomplete on launch form questions.
When you enable autocomplete for your users launch forms, short response questions display a drop-down with suggestions as they type. Autocomplete results are drawn from record property values of existing records in the Repository. Users only see results from records that they have access to in the Repository.
WonderWeb Inc.’s launch form has a short form question that asks the user for the name of the counterparty. The field in Workflow Designer is mapped to the Counterparty Name records property. When users begin typing in the field, they see existing Counterparty Name record property values to choose from.
Autocomplete is only available for short response questions where the field is being mapped to a record property in the Repository.
- Click on the Workflow Designer tab and select the workflow configuration you want to modify. Click on the Create tab.
- Locate your question and verify that it is mapped to a record property.
- Locate your field in the Field and Conditions panel, and right-click > Edit Field.
- If it is not enabled already, enable Record storage. In the example above, it is enabled, but gray because the Counterparty Name is a default property that is always mapped to the Repository.
- Click on the question and select Enable Autocomplete. All users will now see autocomplete results from the records that they have access to in the Repository.
You must verify that your users have access to the records you want the autocomplete results to pull from.
- Click on your profile icon located in the upper right corner, then navigate to Company Settings > Users & Groups > Groups.
- Select the group you want to edit permissions for and click Edit Group.
- Under Repository, select No access to Repository, Autocomplete access to specific Record types. This option allows you to choose specific record types that you want users to see autocomplete results for, even though they don’t have access to the Repository. All options apart from No access to Repository automatically enable autocomplete.